Let’s work together!


Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. An officer will look at the following when you apply:

  • your ties to your home country,
  • the purpose of your visit,
  • your family and finances,
  • the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
  • an invitation from a Canadian host.


Foreign nationals can be authorized to work in Canada through various processes. Over 150,000 foreigners come to work in Canada every year. Many of these workers stay temporarily to advance their skills, experience and career opportunities before returning to their home country. Others apply and successfully obtain their Permanent Residency.


Canadian universities consistently rank among the best in the world, while Canada is continually rated one of the best countries in the world in which to live. Students studying in Canada invariably return home academically strong, with fond memories of their student years.

Canada actively seeks to retain its international graduates and provide a clear path to permanent residence. Students come from all over the world to study in Canada, and many stay on to work and live and raise a family after. In Canada, international graduates receive a post-graduate work permit up to 3 years in length.

Express Entry

The introduction of Express Entry on January 1, 2015, underlines the Government’s commitment to ensuring the immigration system supports a strong and prosperous Canada. It is designed to assist employers and provinces to connect with applicants who have the required skills and experience to adapt and establish themselves in Canada.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Most provinces and territories in Canada can nominate immigrants through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). These immigrants must have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of that province or territory, and must want to live there.


Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or
  • person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
  • permanent resident of Canada

Other Services


With the recent changes to the Canadian Citizenship Act, permanent residents of Canada may apply for citizenship sooner than previously.